Here are some of the top events to check out in Calgary this week, July 20 to July 24. For a complete list of events, check out the Calgary event calendar.
Livingston Place Farmers Market
- What: Featuring locally produced meats, fruits, vegetables, preserves, desserts baking, artistic goods and more. In addition, there will be music and fun to be had at this little city market. Don’t forget to bring a bag with you.
- Where: Livingston Place Plaza- 222-3rd Ave SW, Calgary
- When: Wednesday July 22 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Website: livingstonplace.com/Notices/TenantEvents.aspx
Calgary Folk Music Festival
- What: Live Folk music from 14 different countries with over 70 artists featuring Esperanza Spalding, Lucinda Williams, John Butler Trio, Patrick Watson, Father John Misty, Richard Thompson, Hawsley Workman, Shakey Graves, Lake Street Dive, The Mavericks, Steep Canyon Rangers. This will be the 36th Folk Festival in Calgary.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park
- When: July 23 to July 26
- Cost: Ticket price varies by day and age.
- Website: calgaryfolkfest.com/
Glenbow Museum: Out for Lunch Tour: From Their collection: Political Satire in Alberta
- What: People like Bob Edwards in 1905 to Vance Rodewalt in 2015, Alberta editorial cartoonists have poked fun at the body politic for over the last century.
- Where: Glenbow Museum- 130 9th Ave SE, Calgary
- When: Thursday, July 23 at 12p.m.
- Cost: Members Free and General $5
- Website: glenbow.org/programs/
- What: Calgary’s first fashion market has tons of booths and if you can’t get all of your shopping in the first day it runs for two. Hosting retailers from across the city, there are lots of good deals to be found.
- Where: Delta Bow Valley Hotel- 209 4 Ave SE, Calgary
- When: Thursday, July 23 to Friday, July 24
- Website: dmeinc.ca/ and Facebook facebook.com/DelisleMarketingAndEvents
Historic Calgary Week
- What: During the 25th Anniversary of the Historic Week Calgary you will find 65 different events. Events include a hunt to discover hidden history nuggets throughout the city, historical cross word puzzles, and a history book is being developed from input by 20 volunteer authors
- Where: Various locations
- When: July 23 to August 3
- Website: chinookcountry.org/
Candian Trampoline Gymnastics Championships
- What: Watch Canada’s best trampoline and tumbling athletes.
- Where: Genesis Centre- 7555 Falconridge Boulevard Northeast, Suite 10, Calgary
- When: Friday, July 24 to Monday July 27
- Cost: Adult $10, Student $5, Senior $60, and Family $25. 4 years and under are free.
- Website: abgym.ab.ca/