It’s hump day! Which means you’re halfway to the weekend.
From pizza night at a coffee shop to concerts and plays there’s a little of everything for everyone. Here are a few things happening around town today that will help you get back into the groove.
The Unauthorized Harry Experience – is coming to Calgary’s Boyce Theatre. Two-time Olivier Award-nominated actors Daniel Clarkson and Jefferson Turner, take on the challenge of condensing all seven Harry Potter books (and a real-life game of Quidditch) into 70 hilarious minutes.
- Where: Boyce Theatre, Stampede Park – 1410 Olympic Way SE
- When: November 10 to 27 (various times, check website for details)
- Tickets: Available online
Try something different at the local coffee shop. Get fresh pizzas, baked to-order with a rotating feature meat and veg options.
- Where: Marda Loop – 2043 33rd Ave SW
- When: Wednesday, November 23 from 6 to 9 pm
- Cost: Meat – $13.50, Veg – $12.75
British folk rockers Daughter are heading to the MacEwan Ballroom to promote Not To Disappear, their second studio album. Fans can expect loads of new material in addition to classic tracks from the band’s four EPs.
- When: Wednesday, November 23 at 8 pm
- Where: MacEwan Ballroom – 2500 University Drive NW
- Tickets: Available online for $33.50. All ages
Beginning November 12, Greater Goods, a boutique located in a beautiful heritage building in Bridgeland, will be hosting a series of 9 pop-ups shops each featuring a different local artist each week. From fresh coffee from the Calgary Heritage Roasting Company, to beautiful creative textiles created by ElleBee Tree to handcrafted wooden shelfs in the shape of the mountains nailed together by Needle and Pine, you can find an amazing selection of local handmade goods at each popup event. You can also grab a tea and a treat made by PrettySweet to munch on while you shop!
- Where: Greater Goods – #8, 606 Meredith Road NE
- When: November 12 to December 18
- Cost: Free
- What: Bring a glass of wine and your inner Picasso and get ready to create a masterpiece!
- Where: #118, 7004 MacLeod Trail
- When: Tuesday thru Saturday evenings
- Cost: $55