It’s hump day! Which means you’re halfway to the weekend.
Here are a few things happening around town today that will help you get back into the groove.
The Unauthorized Harry Experience – is coming to Calgary’s Boyce Theatre. Two-time Olivier Award-nominated actors Daniel Clarkson and Jefferson Turner, take on the challenge of condensing all seven Harry Potter books (and a real-life game of Quidditch) into 70 hilarious minutes.
- Where: Boyce Theatre, Stampede Park – 1410 Olympic Way SE
- When: November 10 to 27 (various times, check website for details)
- Tickets: Available online
The Marda Loop Justice Film Festival has been sharing human rights, environmental, and socially significant documentary films since 2006. Click here for the 2016 film guide.
- Where: Various venues around the city
- When: Tuesday, November 15 to Sunday, November 20
Flames are only in town for 5 games in November, all the more reason to catch a game live! See them face off tonight against Shane Doan and the Arizona Coyotes.
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SW
- When: Wednesday, November 16 at 8 pm vs Arizona Coyotes
This show will be sure to dazzle you with a world class performance that will bring some of your favourite Disney classics to life. Witness Lightning McQueen race the Disney Pixar’s Cars crew in a high-speed thrilling race or take an adventure with the Toy Story Crew as they work to escape the Sunnyside Daycare. You will also see appearances from Frozen and the Little Mermaid, as each of the characters work to being you a heartfelt story that ends happily ever after!
- Where: Stampede Corral – 10 Corral Trail SE
- When: November 16 to 20
- Cost: Tickets available online from $35-$85. All ages
Try something different at the local coffee shop. Get fresh pizzas, baked to-order with a rotating feature meat and veg options.
- Where: Marda Loop – 2043 33rd Avenue SW
- When: Wednesday, November 16 from 6 to 9 pm
- Cost: Meat – $13.50, Veg – $12.75