Alright, you’ve made it halfway to the weekend. Now it’s time to get over the hump!
Here are a handful of things to do around Calgary today that’ll help get you one step closer to the weekend.
Educate and inspire your children at this 3-day festival that encourages creative expression and stresses the importance of arts exposure for young minds. Through multiple shows and activities happening throughout the festival, Kidfest aims at “developing creative thinkers conscious of the world and their place in it.” See the full lineup of artists here!
- Where: Various locations between Olympic Plaza and the Arts Commons
- When: May 24-27
- Cost: $17
90’s kids rejoice! The American Indie Rock band, The Shins will be making a stop in Calgary for an unforgettable performance on their International Tour around the world.
- Where: Mac Hall – 250 University Drive NW
- When: May 24
- Cost: $45.50
Prophecies, ambition, murder, madness. The Shakespeare Company brings Macbeth to Calgary.
- Where: Studio at Vertigo Theatre – 115 9th Avenue SE
- When: Now until May 27 – evenings at 7 pm, 2:30 pm matinees on May 20, 21, 27
Spend an evening transported back to an era of hard rock, emotional guitar solos and hair that reached exponential heights, the good ol’ 80s! This lively musical captures the beauty and innocence of small town love, while integrating the influences of classic Rock and Roll in that era. The music line-up is littered with famous songs by Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Journey, Bon Jovi and more, that will have you to singing and dancing along throughout the show!
- Where: Stage West Calgary – 727 42 Avenue SE
- When: April 21 to June 25 – occurs weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Cost: $75
RowBody is the newest addition to the work out selection offered at Movement U and soon to be your new little secret as to where you got those killer washboard abs. As with all programs at the studio, music is the backbone to this heart-pounding, 45-minute cardio workout that focuses on full body strength training and is split between the rower and floor exercises. This workout will target and tone over 80% of the muscles in your body, giving you the results that you have been looking for!
- Where: 16 4 Street NE
- When: Runs at various times throughout the week. Register online or through your MindBody App. See the full schedule here
- Cost: RowBody is included in the price of all of the class packages available at Movement U along with Row, Spin and HIIT.