Alright, you’ve made it halfway to the weekend. Now it’s time to get over the hump!
Here are a handful of things to do around Calgary today that’ll help get you one step closer to the weekend.
If there’s one day you should go out to eat next month, it’s Wednesday, May 10. Why? Well, for one, it’s hump day, and secondly, it’s Mealshare’s second annual Tonight for Tomorrow fundraiser. Over 16 Calgary restaurants have partnered with the non-profit charity and agreed to donate one dollar to Mealshare for every dollar spent on food on this day.
- Where: Participating restaurants around Calgary
- When: Wednesday, May 10 (some lunch, mostly dinner)
Calling all Trekkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
Eat, drink and eat some more at this annual award winning, 12-day food festival, held in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
- Where: Various locations in and around Canmore
- When: May 3 -14
- Cost: Prices may vary
Spend an evening transported back to an era of hard rock, emotional guitar solos and hair that reached exponential heights, the good ol’ 80s! This lively musical captures the beauty and innocence of small town love, while integrating the influences of classic Rock and Roll in that era. The music line-up is littered with famous songs by Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Journey, Bon Jovi and more, that will have you to singing and dancing along throughout the show!
- Where: Stage West Calgary – 727 42 Avenue SE
- When: April 21 to June 25 – occurs weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Cost: $75