Alright, you’ve made it halfway to the weekend. Now it’s time to get over the hump!
Here are a handful of things to do around Calgary today that’ll help get you one step closer to the weekend.
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 217, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
UTOPIA is a research and exhibition project that aims to engage in a larger discussion on how our communities are formed, while also encouraging a dialogue on topics such as Nationalism, state-making, inclusion etc. Be sure t o check it out soon, as it ends in July!
- Where: 117 8 Avenue SW
- When: March – July
- Cost: FREE
RowBody is the newest addition to the workout selection offered at Movement U and soon to be your new little secret as to where you got those killer washboard abs. As with all programs at the studio, music is the backbone to this heart-pounding, 45-minute cardio workout that focuses on full body strength training and is split between the rower and floor exercises. This workout will target and tone over 80% of the muscles in your body, giving you the results that you have been looking for!
- Where: 16 4 Street NE
- When: Runs at various times throughout the week. Register online or through your MindBody App. See the full schedule here
- Cost: RowBody is included in the price of all of the class packages available at Movement U along with Row, Spin and HIIT.
- What: The Window Galleries present three new exhibits that focus on the alternative narratives of those whose voice was excluded from the first 150 years of our nation.
- Where: Window Galleries (across from Max Bell Theatre in Arts Commons)
- When: June 5 – August 28
- Cost: Free
- What: The Stampede Talent Search and Heritage Park have partnered up to bring you weekly live entertainment in the Heritage Town Square.
- Where: Heritage Town Square, Heritage Park – 1900 Heritage Drive NE
- When Wednesday evenings from July 5-August 30
- Cost: Park Admission