Alright, you’ve made it halfway to the weekend. Now it’s time to get over the hump!
Here are a handful of things happening around town today that’ll help get you one step closer to the weekend.
Calgary’s favourite, cozy and delicious foodie festival is back for the 6th year in a row! During the entire month of February, be sure to warm up by checking out your favourite cafes, sweet shops and restaurants for their unique spin on everyone’s beloved winter drink. The best part is that a portion of every drink will go towards supporting Calgary Meals on Wheels, an even better reason to indulge in some warm chocolate goodness!
- Where: At participating locations
- When: The entire month of February
- Cost: Price of the Hot Chocolate + $1 will be donated to Meals on Wheels
In honor of Sharing Dance Day (on June 2nd) Decidedly Jazz Danceworks is offering a free dance class weekly to get you ready for the festivities happening across Canada in June. Dancers of all levels are welcome and encouraged to participate, as you help DJD celebrate the benefits of dance, while becoming healthy, active and artistically engaged!
- Where: 111 – 12th Avenue SE
- When: February 8, 15 and 22
- Cost: FREE
Visit Heritage Park after hours for a 90-minute, spine-tingling ghost tour through the historic village. You ticket includes a complimentary hot chocolate or coffee and access to a cash bar at the Selkirk Grille for a much-needed alcoholic beverage – you may just need it!
- Where: Heritage Park Historical Village -1900 Heritage Dr SW
- When: Wednesday evenings between February 15 to March 8
- Cost: $19.95/person
Pierece the Veil was formed in 2006 and have since gone on to win nuersou awards at the Alternative Press Music Awards and Kerrang! Awards. Join them for a night of punk rock as the celebrate the release of their 4th album “Misadventures.”
- Where: MacEwan Hall – 2500 University Drive NW
- When: February 22
- Cost: $32
The Hitmen have made some interesting moves recently at the trade deadline. Hopefully, it will be in their favour? Regardless, come show them some love this month at one of their 8 home games!
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SW
- When: Wednesday, February 22 at 11am vs Brandon