Alright, you’ve made it halfway to the weekend. Now it’s time to get over the hump!
Here are a handful of things happening around town today that’ll help get you one step closer to the weekend.
Head to the Saddledome this week and cheer on the Flames during their two game home stand. Grab your jersey, a dome beer and some nachos and take in the action.
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SW
- When: Wednesday, February 15 at 7:30pm vs Philadelphia
Calgary’s favourite, cozy and delicious foodie festival is back for the 6th year in a row! During the entire month of February, be sure to warm up by checking out your favourite cafes, sweet shops and restaurants for their unique spin on everyone’s beloved winter drink. The best part is that a portion of every drink will go towards supporting Calgary Meals on Wheels, an even better reason to indulge in some warm chocolate goodness!
- Where: At participating locations
- When: The entire month of February
- Cost: Price of the Hot Chocolate + $1 will be donated to Meals on Wheels
If you saw the Netflix Original, “The Crown” you’ll be familiar with the Queen’s famous weekly meeting with the Prime Minster, called an audience. This spectacular performance will replay some of the most famous audience’s throughout Queen Elizabeth’s reign, with many familiar political faces making an appearance, such as Churchill, Thatcher, Cameron and more. Take a peak at the woman behind the crown, the most famous and influential yet private woman in the world.
- Where: Max Bell Theatre – 1201 5 St SW
- When: January 24 to February 18
- Cost: $45-$64
In honor of Sharing Dance Day (on June 2nd) Decidedly Jazz Danceworks is offering a free dance class weekly to get you ready for the festivities happening across Canada in June. Dancers of all levels are welcome and encouraged to participate, as you help DJD celebrate the benefits of dance, while becoming healthy, active and artistically engaged!
- Where: 111 – 12th Avenue SE
- When: February 8, 15 and 22
- Cost: FREE
Visit Heritage Park after hours for a 90-minute, spine-tingling ghost tour through the historic village. You ticket includes a complimentary hot chocolate or coffee and access to a cash bar at the Selkirk Grille for a much-needed alcoholic beverage – you may just need it!
- Where: Heritage Park Historical Village -1900 Heritage Dr SW
- When: Wednesday evenings between February 15 to March 8
- Cost: $19.95/person