Alright, you’ve made it halfway to the weekend. Now it’s time to get over the hump!
Here are a handful of things happening around town today that’ll help get you one step closer to the weekend.
After the last few games the Flames could use your help! Grab your jersey, a dome beer, some nachos and help cheer them on Wednesday night.
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SW
- When: Wednesday, February 1 at 8pm vs Minnesota Wild
Calgary’s favourite, cozy and delicious foodie festival is back for the 6th year in a row! During the entire month of February, be sure to warm up by checking out your favourite cafes, sweet shops and restaurants for their unique spin on everyone’s beloved winter drink. The best part is that a portion of every drink will go towards supporting Calgary Meals on Wheels, an even better reason to indulge in some warm chocolate goodness!
- Where: At participating locations
- When: The entire month of February
- Cost: Price of the Hot Chocolate + $1 will be donated to Meals on Wheels
- Where: Various locations around town
- When: January 5 to February 2
As part of Calgary’s Corporate Challenge off-season events, anyone with a team of 4 can participate in this fun winter activity. Often compared to life size curling, each teammate will have 3 rounds to be launched along the ice and make it closest to the button. If you win you’ll be invited to participate in the finals on February 10.
- Where: 228 8th Avenue SE
- When: January 30 to February 10
- Cost: $150 per team of 4
If you saw the Netflix Original, “The Crown” you’ll be familiar with the Queen’s famous weekly meeting with the Prime Minster, called an audience. This spectacular performance will replay some of the most famous audience’s throughout Queen Elizabeth’s reign, with many familiar political faces making an appearance, such as Churchill, Thatcher, Cameron and more. Take a peak at the woman behind the crown, the most famous and influential yet private woman in the world.
- Where: Max Bell Theatre – 1201 5 St SW
- When: January 24 to February 18
- Cost: $45-$64