Check out what’s happening in and around Calgary today!
The Unauthorized Harry Experience – is coming to Calgary’s Boyce Theatre. Two-time Olivier Award-nominated actors Daniel Clarkson and Jefferson Turner, take on the challenge of condensing all seven Harry Potter books (and a real-life game of Quidditch) into 70 hilarious minutes.
- Where: Boyce Theatre, Stampede Park – 1410 Olympic Way SE
- When: November 10 to 27 (various times, check website for details)
- Tickets: Available online
James Vincent McMorrow is returning to Canada for a string of shows this month, after kicking off his North American tour on the East Coast. Known for his gorgeous vocals, McMorrow has recently released his new album We Move.
- When: Tuesday, November 22 at 7 pm
- Where: Jack Singer concert hall, Arts Commons – 205 8th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Available online from $32.25 – $42.25.
Hy’s Steakhouse is celebrating weekly Happy Hour with live music in the lounge from local artists every Monday to Friday. Local Calgarian artists are sure to help you unwind from a busy work day along with a glass of red from Hy’s.
- Where: Hy’s Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar – 407 8th Avenue SW
- When: Tuesday, November 15 from 3 to 7 pm
Built in 1988 for the Olympic Winter Games, Olympic Plaza has the only refrigerated outdoor ice surface in the city. You can rent skates down at the plaza if you don’t have a pair of your own.
- Where: Olympic Plaza – 228 8th Avenue SE
- When: Now open, weather dependent from 6am to 11pm
- Cost: Free
Because who buys full price tickets anymore? Save those scene points and get in on Cineplex’s Tuesday deal.
- Where: All Cineplex movie theatres
- When: Tuesday, November 15
- Cost: $8.25 and up for 3D (Tuesday General Prices)