Happy Tuesday Calgary! We’ll help you get your groove back with fun (indoor) events in town, from the Big Taste to checking out a swanky new jazz joint.
Tuesday night jazz at BettyLou’s Library. Cool cocktails, swinging jazz with the Speakeasy Jazz Trio featuring Jeff Sulima, (drums) Mark DeJong (sax) and Steve Fletcher (keys)
Check out Calgary’s hottest new cocktail space, located in the historic Devenish Building.
- Where: Betty Lou’s Library – Speakeasies – 908 17 Avenue SW
- When: Every Tuesday in March – 8pm start
- What: Is running a marathon or just simply getting back into shape one of your new year’s resolutions this year? Tackle this goal once and for all and join the Outsiders Running Club. There is no charge, just bring yourself and your running shoes and join Joanna Magnik of The Sweat Style for a 5-8K run every Tuesday night at 6:30 pm!
- Where: East Village Riverwalk plaza – 618 Confluence Way SE
- When: Every Tuesday
- Cost: FREE
- What: Put a spin on the go-to dinner and a movie date night and head to Heritage Park for a 3-course meal at the Selkirk Grille Restaurant and then watch an old classic film favourite at Gasoline Alley. This month, dance along with Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds in Singing in the Rain or sing along to “All that Jazz” in the 2000’s timeless classic, Chicago!
- Where: Heritage Park – 1900 Heritage Drive SW
- When: March 7 and 21
- Cost: $42.95 Film only – $8
Calling all Trekkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
Foodie’s rejoice! YYC’s favourite foodie festival is back for another year! Between March 3 and 12 some of Calgary’s best restaurants will be offering up three and five-course fix price menus for every meal of the day. Restaurants are sorted by price point, so you can be sure to expect more than a few options no matter what your budget may be. At the same time, there will also be various one-time only, signature events happening around the city, such as Canada’s tribute Dinner at The Guild, The Winemaker’s Dinner at the Deane House, the Reunion Dinner at Catch and more!
- Where: Various locations around Calgary. See participating restaurants here.
- When: March 3 to 12
- Cost: Varies depending on the location and menu. See website for more details!