Happy Tuesday Calgary! We’ll help you get your groove back with fun events in town, from the plays to checking out a swanky new jazz joint.
Tuesday night jazz at BettyLou’s Library. Cool cocktails, swinging jazz with the Speakeasy Jazz Trio featuring Jeff Sulima, (drums) Mark DeJong (sax) and Steve Fletcher (keys)
Check out Calgary’s hottest new cocktail space, located in the historic Devenish Building.
- Where: Betty Lou’s Library – Speakeasies – 908 17 Avenue SW
- When: Every Tuesday in March – 8pm start
Michael is a foster kid with a vivid imagination. Whenever the world gets a bit much for him, he retreats into the amazing world inside his head, and the people in his life become the characters from his favourite story – The Jungle Book. But when Michael’s real father comes back to claim him, his world is turned upside down and he must find the courage to live in the real world and find the true meaning of family. The Urban Jungle Book is recommended for ages six and up.
- Where: Storybook Theatre – Beddington Heights Theatre – 375 Bermuda Drive NW
- When: Now until March 18
- Cost: $22.05
- What: Is running a marathon or just simply getting back into shape one of your new year’s resolutions this year? Tackle this goal once and for all and join the Outsiders Running Club. There is no charge, just bring yourself and your running shoes and join Joanna Magnik of The Sweat Style for a 5-8K run every Tuesday night at 6:30 pm!
- Where: East Village Riverwalk plaza – 618 Confluence Way SE
- When: Every Tuesday
- Cost: FREE
Calling all Trekkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
- Art + Wine Workshop: Colour Play With Artist Kayla Alty
- Where: Outside the Shape – 1222 10th Avenue SE
- When: March 14
- Cost: $100/person
- Watercolor Pillowcases
- Where: National on 8th
- When: March 14
- Cost: $60