Happy Tuesday Calgary! We’ll help you get your groove back with fun events in town.
From an urban farmer’s market to plays, there’s plenty to keep you busy.
This year’s market will span 3 blocks on Stephen Ave and showcase up to 60 vendors, Fresh food, spices, sauces, meats, baked treats, art, jewelry, clothes and so much more to choose from.
- Where: From 1st Street East to 2nd Street West on Stephen Ave (in front of the Hyatt and Goodlife)
- When: Tuesday, June 27 from 11am to 5pm
Is running a marathon or just simply getting back into shape one of your new year’s resolutions this year? Tackle this goal once and for all and join the Outsiders Running Club. There is no charge, just bring yourself and your running shoes and join Joanna Magnik of The Sweat Style for a 5-8K run every Tuesday night at 6:30 pm!
- Where: East Village Riverwalk plaza – 618 Confluence Way SE
- When: Every Tuesday
- Cost: FREE
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 217, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
Launching this June is a unique gourmet dining experience at Heritage Park that is a different alternative to a traditional restaurant! The 1929 “River Forth CP Rail Car” has been fully restored to its original beauty as a dining car so you can go back in time and experience what it would have been like to travel across Canada by train in the early 1900’s.
- Where: Heritage Park – 1900 Heritage Drive SW
- When: June – August
Decidedly Jazz Danceworks is offering a week of dance classes for only $5 per class! This is a great opportunity to try out a style you have never done before, try dance classes for the first time or come out of retirement and get your groove back on.
- Where: Decidedly Jazz Danceworks – 111 12 Avenue SW
- When: June 27 – 29
- Cost: $5/ per class