Happy Tuesday Calgary! We’ll help you get your groove back with fun events in town.
From an urban farmer’s market to concerts, there’s plenty to keep you busy.
This year’s market will span 3 blocks on Stephen Ave and showcase up to 60 vendors, Fresh food, spices, sauces, meats, baked treats, art, jewelry, clothes and so much more to choose from.
- Where: From 1st Street East to 2nd Street West on Stephen Ave (in front of the Hyatt and Goodlife)
- When: Tuesday, June 27 from 11am to 5pm
Is running a marathon or just simply getting back into shape one of your new year’s resolutions this year? Tackle this goal once and for all and join the Outsiders Running Club. There is no charge, just bring yourself and your running shoes and join Joanna Magnik of The Sweat Style for a 5-8K run every Tuesday night at 6:30 pm!
- Where: East Village Riverwalk plaza – 618 Confluence Way SE
- When: Every Tuesday
- Cost: FREE
The ultimate refresher in the midst of a prairie heat wave!
- Tips: Make sure that you have enough life jackets for your entire group, book your raft ahead of time, park a vehicle at the beginning and the end of your route and check weather advisories before heading out.
- Where: Lazy Day Raft Rentals, Sports Rent, The Paddle Station and the Outdoor Centre at the University of Calgary
Launching this June is a unique gourmet dining experience at Heritage Park that is a different alternative to a traditional restaurant! The 1929 “River Forth CP Rail Car” has been fully restored to its original beauty as a dining car so you can go back in time and experience what it would have been like to travel across Canada by train in the early 1900’s.
- Where: Heritage Park – 1900 Heritage Drive SW
- When: June – August
Southern rapper and producer who built an audience through SoundCloud, earning hundreds of thousands of plays. He began receiving increased attention from hip-hop media outlets with the release of his 2014 album Silence.
- Where: Grey Eagle Event Centre 3777 Grey Eagle Drive SW
- When: July 4
- Cost: $45