You survived another Monday and that should put a smile on your face.
Check out today’s action in and around Calgary!
Stop by on your lunch hour, or look for it evenings and weekends through the summer to enjoy free live entertainment. Today’s feature artists are the Breakers. The duo is a roots rock band out of Edmonton, AB consisting of El Niven and Jeff Burwash.
- Where: Stephen Avenue Summer Stage – Centre Street & 8th Avenue SE
- When: Tuesday, July 26 from 12 to 1 pm
- What: See the Western Major Baseball League Okotoks Dawgs get up to bat at home four times this week.
- Where: Seaman Stadium – 2111 N Railway Street, Okotoks
- Tuesday, July 26 at 7:05 pm vs Fort McMurray Giants
- What: Theatre Calgary is bringing Hamlet outside as it shows its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. It is a pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed event, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult. All funds go towards the Shakespeare by the Bow program providing mentorship and support for Alberta’s emerging theatre artists.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: Now unti August 21, every day except Mondays; performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- More info: Theatre Calgary’s website
- What: The 12th annual Calgary Bluesfest will feature a full week of the best in blues. Workshops, public performances and special events culminate in 4 days & nights of non-stop music on Mainstage.
- Where: Shaw Millennium Park – 1220 9th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, July 25 to Sunday, July 31
- Cost: Single day passes from $35
Because who buys full price tickets anymore? Save those scene points and get in on Cineplex’s Tuesday deal.
- Where: All Cineplex movie theatres
- When: Tuesday, July 26
- Cost: $8.25 and up for 3D (Tuesday General Prices)