Happy Tuesday Calgary! We’ll help you get your groove back with fun events in town, from plays to intimate concerts, theres lots to do today.
As part of Calgary’s Corporate Challenge off-season events, anyone with a team of 4 can participate in this fun winter activity. Often compared to life size curling, each teammate will have 3 rounds to be launched along the ice and make it closest to the button. If you win you’ll be invited to participate in the finals on February 10.
- Where: 228 8th Avenue SE
- When: January 30 to February 10
- Cost: $150 per team of 4
If you saw the Netflix Original, “The Crown” you’ll be familiar with the Queen’s famous weekly meeting with the Prime Minster, called an audience. This spectacular performance will replay some of the most famous audience’s throughout Queen Elizabeth’s reign, with many familiar political faces making an appearance, such as Churchill, Thatcher, Cameron and more. Take a peak at the woman behind the crown, the most famous and influential yet private woman in the world.
- Where: Max Bell Theatre – 1201 5 St SW
- When: January 24 to February 18
- Cost: $45-$64
- Where: Various locations around town
- When: Now until February 2
Take the opportunity to learn something new this January while bonding with old friends and making new ones. Choose from a variety of different workshops happening around the city this month that will either tantalize your taste buds or give you something fun to take home that can represent the beginning of a fabulous year.
- Where: Ollia Macarons & Tea – 810C 16th Avenue SW
- When: January 17, 24 and 31
- Cost: $100/ person
- What: Winter is more than just cold and snowy, as it is a season that brings majestic frosty views, fun activities a beautiful memories at all ages. Banff National Park invites us all to celebrate the magic of winter in its month long festival of Snowdays, featuring a variety of events, shows and activities that combine history, culture and winter traditions that the whole family will enjoy. Check the website for daily events and activities!
- Where: Throughout Banff National Park
- When: January 13 to February 5
- Cost: Varies per event