Enjoy the slightly warmer weather today! Get some shopping done and then reward yourself with a fun activity. ‘Tis the season!
- 7 places to snowshoe in and around Calgary this winter
- Everything you need to know to plan a winter trip to Banff
This Calgarian holiday tradition continues to live on year after year! Stay warm by dressing in layers and consuming delicious hot chocolate, as you roam through the 200 beautiful light displays, such as the all time favourite, ‘lovers lane’, and other unique light shows set up throughout the Calgary Zoo.
- Where: The Calgary Zoo – 210 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until January 8 nightly from 6 to 9 pm
- Cost: $14.99 Adults, $11.99 Kids
Now that winter seems to have finally settled in for the long haul, it’s time for the winter activities to commence. Grab a few friends, some hot chocolate and bundle up in your warmest, yet stylish winter attire and go skating on one of Calgary’s many outdoor rinks that are well maintained by either the city or volunteers within the community. Don’t own a pair of skates? Rent a pair at your nearest outdoor center or at specific rinks around the city – see website more for details!
- Where: Various rinks throughout Calgary
- Cost: FREE
- What: Not only are you in for a great show from this talented Canadian indie rock band, but you will also be supporting a good cause. They have teamed up with Plus 1 and as a result, $1 from your ticket will be donated to the Native Youth Sexual Network.
- Where: MacEwan Hall – 2500 University Drive NW
- When: Tuesday, December 13
- Cost: $33.50 – All Ages
Seriously, who doesn’t have a soft spot for George Bailey and his hilarious and meaningful holiday adventure? Experience this heartfelt holiday classic as it comes to life in a live 1940’s radio style broadcast on the Lunchbox Theatre stage. Remember, “when you hear a bell that means an angel just got his wings!”
- Where: Lunchbox Theatre – 160 115 9 Avenue SE
- When: Now until December 21
- Cost: Adult $25, Senior $20, Student $20
Hop aboard the magical Polar Express and head to the North Pole to see Santa! You will receive hot chocolate and cookies on your journey along with caroling and holiday entertainment. Following the protocol in the movie guests are encouraged to wear their PJ’s and each child will receive a sleigh bell from Santa – to those who believe!
- Where: Aspen Crossing – Highway #24 Mossleigh
- When: November 25 until Christmas Eve
- Cost: Economy Seating $57, First Class Seating $65, Coach Class Seating $75, Dome Class Seating $75