Happy Tuesday Calgary! We’ll help you get your groove back with fun events in town.
From plays to participating in free events around town, there’s something for everyone.
Spend your lunch hour listening to some of Calgary’s best local talent on this outdoor stage on Stephen Avenue. From DJs, to Dance Troupes, to live bands, to Comedians, you will always be pleasantly surprised by the live performances set to play this stage this summer.
- Where: Stephen Avenue – between Street and 1 Street SE
- When: July 13 – August 30
- Cost: FREE
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 27, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
The Calgary Public Library offers a variety of different resources and programs for people of every age. Come learn something new this summer, all you need is a library card!
- Where: Various Calgary Public Library locations around the city
- When: July 11 – September 5
- Cost: FREE
Celebrate the different cultures of the world that make up Calgary, with a multicultural marketplace and fireworks show put on by various countries each night.
- Where: Elliston Park – 1827 68 Street SE
- When: August 15-26
- Cost: $20-$90
It’s your opportunity to see your favourite Broadway Musical, Phantom of the Opera right here in YYC!
- Where: Southern Jubilee Auditorium – 1415 14 Street NW
- When: August 9-20
- Cost: $35-$140