Happy Tuesday Calgary! We’ll help you get your groove back with fun events in town.
From getting fit to participating in free events around town, there’s something for everyone.
Running until Tuesday, September 5, this year’s market will span 3 blocks on Stephen Ave and showcase up to 60 vendors.
- Where: From 1st Street East to 2nd Street West on Stephen Ave (in front of the Hyatt and Goodlife)
- When: Tuesday, August 1
- Time: 11am to 5pm
Spend your lunch hour listening to some of Calgary’s best local talent on this outdoor stage on Stephen Avenue. From DJs, to Dance Troupes, to live bands, to Comedians, you will always be pleasantly surprised by the live performances set to play this stage this summer.
- Where: Stephen Avenue – between Street and 1 Street SE
- When: July 13 – August 30
- Cost: FREE
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 217, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
The Calgary Public Library offers a variety of different resources and programs for people of every age. Come learn something new this summer, all you need is a library card!
- Where: Various Calgary Public Library locations around the city
- When: July 11 – September 5
- Cost: FREE
- What: The 13th annual Calgary International Blues Festival returns to Calgary this week. Enjoy blues workshops, concerts and special events culminate in 4 days & nights (August 3-6) of non-stop music on MainStage at Shaw Millennium Park, followed by the nightly Twilight Blues Dance Parties. Click here for full festival schedule.
- Where: Shaw Millennium Park – 1220 9 Avenue SW
- When: July 31 to August 6
- Cost: $129 for festival passes, individual day passes also available.