Only one more day until the weekend, let’s hope for some good weather!
Plenty of events worth checking out today to keep you busy and entertained until the weekend.
- What: Visit Bridgeland Riverside Farmers’ Market every Thursday during the summer! Enjoy eating at local vendor stations, dance to live music and shop until you drop. For the kiddos, there are free activities set up.
- Where: Bridgeland Riverside Farmers’ Market – 917 Centre Avenue NE
- When: Thursday, September 8 from 3:30 to 7:30 pm
- What: Women in public relations will gather for a major networking event in September put on by The Organization of Canadian Women in PR. Industry friends will enjoy each other’s company while sipping on wine, and allow the opportunity to meet newcomers as well as media professionals.
- When: Thursday, September 8 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm
- Where: The Bank and Baron – 125 8th Avenue SW
- Tickets: Start at $35. Click here to purchase.
- What: Get hands-on with science while indulging in the adult juice. Enjoy free reign in the galleries, a fully licensed bar, and tunes all night long.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St Georges Drive NE
- When: Thursday, September 8 from 6 to 10 pm
- Cost: $19.95
- What: This class is ideal for anyone who is interested in exploring yoga in a different and chill environment while looking to expand their minds in respect to local craft beers. Ticket includes a 1 hr yoga session followed by your choice of a pint of Big Rock beer or 5 x 4 oz. samples. BYOM (bring your own mat).
- Where: Big Rock Brewery – 5555 76 Avenue SE
- When: Thursday, September 8 from 7 to 9 pm
- Cost: $15 – can purchase online
If you’ll be in Banff today:
- What: Every Thursday night in downtown Banff for 14 weeks, two identical shows per night will be shown featuring four unique film programs rotating each week.
- Where: Lux Cinema – 229 Bear Street, Banff
- When: Thursday, June 16 to Thursday, September 8. Shows at 7 and 9:30 pm
- Cost: $12 can purchase online