Plenty of events worth checking out today to keep you busy and entertained until the weekend.
The Unauthorized Harry Experience – is coming to Calgary’s Boyce Theatre. Two-time Olivier Award-nominated actors Daniel Clarkson and Jefferson Turner, take on the challenge of condensing all seven Harry Potter books (and a real-life game of Quidditch) into 70 hilarious minutes.
- Where: Boyce Theatre, Stampede Park – 1410 Olympic Way SE
- When: November 10 to 27 (various times, check website for details)
- Tickets: Available online
With the cutest little tea cups to upcycle, learn to make your own tea cup candle. It’s easy, super cute and perfect as a gift, or a holiday table decoration. The workshop includes instruction, supplies and materilas, tea from TotaliTea and a sampling of cupcakes from Delissitude.
- Where: Calgary Farmers Market – 510 77th Avenue SE
- When: Thursday, November 24 from 9 to 11am
- Cost: $45.00
Built in 1988 for the Olympic Winter Games, Olympic Plaza has the only refrigerated outdoor ice surface in the city. You can rent skates down at the plaza if you don’t have a pair of your own.
- Where: Olympic Plaza – 228 8th Avenue SE
- When: Now open, weather dependent from 6am to 11pm
- Cost: Free
The holiday’s are a season based on community and giving in order to spread the holiday cheer. This year the Core is hosting “Find Christmas Downtown,” an event that involves a group effort to decorate 100 Christmas Trees that will end up being delivered to local families who wouldn’t otherwise have a tree in their home – talk about the gift that keeps on giving!
- Where: The Core Dome Tower 333 – 7th Avenue SW Suite 900
- When: Thursday, November 24
- Cost: See website for details
Beginning November 12 Greater Goods, a boutique located in a beautiful heritage building in Bridgeland, will be hosting a series of 9 pop-ups shops each featuring a different local artist each week. From fresh coffee from the Calgary Heritage Roasting Company, to beautiful creative textiles created by ElleBee Tree to handcrafted wooden shelfs in the shape of the mountains nailed together by Needle and Pine, you can find an amazing selection of local handmade goods at each popup event. You can also grab a tea and a treat made by PrettySweet to munch on while you shop!
- Where: Greater Goods – #8, 606 Meredith Road NE
- When: November 12 to December 18
- Cost: Free