We can officially say, only one more sleep until Stampede!
Before the ultimate hoedown begin here are a few things to do which are not Stampede related and one that is.
The annual 10 day bike festival is back. Events include bike polo, Bike Maintenance 201, Bike Prom 2016, 2nd Annual YYC Bike Awards and much more. Check website for details.
- Where: Various venues around town
- When: Friday, July 1 to Sunday, July 10
- Cost: Varies. Tickets can be purchased online
Join host and curator Mike Watson for an exploration of local blues music on the Stephen Avenue Summer stage. Today’s feature performance is by the Y Brothers. The talented trio is comprised of brothers Chris and Jay Yaholkoski, and drummer Celene Yohemas.
- Where: On 8th Avenue outside of Winners – 128 8th Avenue SW
- When: Thursday, July 7 from 4:30 to 6 pm
- Cost: Free
Visit Bridgeland Riverside Farmers’ Market every Thursday during the summer! Enjoy eating at local vendor stations, dance to live music and shop until you drop. For the kiddos, there are free activities set up.
- Where: Bridgeland Riverside Farmers’ Market – 917 Centre Avenue NE
- When: Thursday, July 7 from 3:30 to 7:30 pm
The Greatest Outdoor Show in the world celebrates it’s 104th year in Calgary. Head down to the grounds today for sneak-a-peak and get in at a discounted rate in effect from 5 p.m. to midnight.
- When: Thursday, July 7 from 5 pm to midnight
- Where: 1410 Olympic Way SE
- Price: Tickets can be purchased online here
Theatre Calgary’s Production of Hamlet comes to Prince’s Island Park. No need to buy tickets for the show, just arrive early to grab a seat and bring a blanket with you if you’d like. The show runs on donations, so pay what you’d like when the collection hat makes it’s way through the crowd. Find showtimes online.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: Now until Sunday, August 21 (Excluding Mondays)
- Cost: Pay What You Will