There’s lots happening in the city today from a pop up retail market in East Village to a cruising down the water from Heritage Park.
Get out and enjoy Thursday, it’s bound to be fun.
New to the East Village this summer, this Pop-Up retail park offers Calgarians a place to shop, eat and play. Be sure to check out all 12 retailers located in 12 x 12 shipping containers, along with food trucks, live music and more! Every Thursday through Sunday from June 1 – October 1 you can expect food truck eats, music, performances, art and much much more!
- Where: EV Junction – 439 8 Avenue SE
- When: July 20 to July 23
- Cost: FREE
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 217, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
The ultimate refresher in the midst of a prairie heat wave!
- Tips: Make sure that you have enough life jackets for your entire group, book your raft ahead of time, park a vehicle at the beginning and the end of your route and check weather advisories before heading out.
- Where: Lazy Day Raft Rentals, Sports Rent, The Paddle Station and the Outdoor Centre at the University of Calgary
All aboard! Sail through the Glenmore Reservoir on the S.S. Moyie Paddlewheeler, while tasting delectable d’ oeuvres and sipping on a curated selection of beer and wine. The dress code is business casual.
- Where: The S.S. Moyie Paddlewheeler, Heritage Park – 1900 Heritage Drive SW
- When: Thursdays from July 20 to August 31
- Cost: $74.95
Join this community-driven bicycle festival for a week full of cycling festivities!
- Where: Various locations around Calgary
- When: July 14 – July 23
- Cost: Free