A little cold never stopped us before. Now that we’ve had a few day’s to adjust, pull out our winter coats from storage and activate our car starters it’s back to normal for Calgarians.
Here are a few things to do around town that will warm you right up.
Children of all ages will fall in love with this magical rendition of the original Disney Classic, Beauty and the Beast. Warm your heart with the beloved soundtrack of this holiday musical including everyone’s favourite, Be our Guest!
- Where: StoryBook Theatre – 375 Bermuda Drive NW
- When: Now until December 23
- Cost: Child (3-17) $20, Adult (18+) $25
- What: Want to check out some beautiful light displays, without having to break the bank? Check out the Calgary Christmas Lights Map Marker and drive around the city to holiday music, as you discover the many creative light displays that Calgarians have put up at their homes.
- Where: Calgary and surrounding areas
- Cost: FREE
- What: Relive this iconic Christmas favourite by Charles Dickens in Theatre Calgary’s 30th anniversary of the production. Laugh, cry and feel the joy as you follow alongside Ebenezer Scrooge, played by Stephen Hair, on his unique journey to discover the holiday spirit and the true meaning of Christmas. Bah humbug!
- Where: Theatre Calgary – 220 9th Avenue SE
- When: November 24 to December 24
- Cost: $34-$130
- What: Spend over $100 at any of the participating businesses on 4th street and bring your receipt to the WURST patio to receive a FREE Christmas tree – yes you read that right! Talk about killing two birds with one stone! * FREE Christmas trees are limited in quantity to the first 40 people.
- Where: 4th Street SW
- When: December 1 and 8
- What: Four days of craft shopping at BMO Centre for one of Canada’s largest holiday handcrafted shopping events.
- Where: BMO Centre, Stampede Park – 20 Round Up Way SE
- When: December 8 to 11
- Cost: $10 (Adults), $8 (Senior 65+), $8 (Youth 13-17), Children 12 and under are free