5 things to do in Calgary today: Thursday, December 29
Dec 30 2016, 12:42 am
Before the temperate plummets again, get outside and do all the Christmas activities you’ve been meaning to do.
Here are a few things to do around town that will help get you to Sunday!
Check out the Best Christmas Light Displays in YYC
- What: Want to check out some beautiful light displays, without having to break the bank? Check out the Calgary Christmas Lights Map Marker and drive around the city to holiday music, as you discover the many creative light displays that Calgarians have put up at their homes.
- Where: Calgary and surrounding areas
- Cost: FREE
- What: This Calgarian holiday tradition continues to live on year after year! Stay warm by dressing in layers and consuming delicious hot chocolate, as you roam through the 200 beautiful light displays, such as the all time favourite, ‘lovers lane’, and other unique light shows set up throughout the Calgary Zoo.
- Where: The Calgary Zoo – 210 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until January 8 nightly from 6 to 9 pm
- Cost: $14.99 Adults, $11.99 Kids
Cheer on the Flames at a game
- What: Cheer on the Flames this holiday season in their 8 home games at the dome! This is the second last game of 2016!
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SW
- When: Thursday December 29 at 7 pm vs. Anaheim
Slipper: A Distinctly Calgarian Cinderella Story
- What: A Stampede talent show, a guitar playing teenager and handsome time traveler, could it get any more Calgarian than that? Well, minus the time traveller perhaps – but you get the point. Laugh along to jokes about life in #yyc in this modern day Calgary adaptation of this unique British fairy tale.
- Where: Martha Cohen Theatre – 215 8th Avenue SE
- When: November 22 to December 31
- Cost: $25-$72
Snowshoeing or Cross-country Skiing
- What: If you’re new to the world of snowshoeing or cross-country skiing or don’t feel comfortable venturing out on your own, book yourself on a tour or find a group of friends and reserve a private outing. A certified guide will lead you through the mountainous winter wonderland and provide you with hot chocolate and cookies, along with snowshoes and skis if you don’t have your own.
- Where: Kananaskis Village Center – 1 Mt. Sparrowhawk Cresent
- Group: $69.00/person; $39.00/6-14 years old; Free for 5 and under.
- Private: $89.99/adult; $64.99/youth 6-14 years; Free for 5 and under. Minimum booking of 2 adults or $180/tour. 20% off for private tours of 4-6 people.