Before the temperate plummets again, get outside and do all the Christmas activities you’ve been meaning to do.
Here are a few things to do around town that will help get you to Sunday!
- What: Want to check out some beautiful light displays, without having to break the bank? Check out the Calgary Christmas Lights Map Marker and drive around the city to holiday music, as you discover the many creative light displays that Calgarians have put up at their homes.
- Where: Calgary and surrounding areas
- Cost: FREE
- What: Relive this iconic Christmas favourite by Charles Dickens in Theatre Calgary’s 30th anniversary of the production. Laugh, cry and feel the joy as you follow alongside Ebenezer Scrooge, played by Stephen Hair, on his unique journey to discover the holiday spirit and the true meaning of Christmas. Bah humbug!
- Where: Theatre Calgary – 220 9th Avenue SE
- When: November 24 to December 24
- Cost: $34-$130
- What: Get to the Calgary Farmers Market and do your holiday shopping before it closes between December 24 and January 4. The market will re-open and resume regular hours on January, 5th 2017.
- When: December 15 to 23
- Where: Calgary Farmers Market – 510 77th Avenue SE
- What: This Calgarian holiday tradition continues to live on year after year! Stay warm by dressing in layers and consuming delicious hot chocolate, as you roam through the 200 beautiful light displays, such as the all time favourite, ‘lovers lane’, and other unique light shows set up throughout the Calgary Zoo.
- Where: The Calgary Zoo – 210 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until January 8 nightly from 6 to 9 pm
- Cost: $14.99 Adults, $11.99 Kids
- What: Transport into the magical Kingdom of Sweets with Clara and her Nutcracker Prince in this authentic Russian Ballet, proudly performed in collaboration with the Alberta Ballet and the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra. Watch as the stage comes alive in the famous Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy and the battles they undergo with the mischievous army of life size mice. It’s a holiday performance you won’t want to miss!
- Where: Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium – 1415 14th Avenue NW
- When: December 16 to 24 – Weekdays at 7pm,
Saturday and Sunday at 1pm & 6pm
- Cost: Varies