Join Prospect Human Services for a Pop-Up Art Class.
- Where: Centre Street and 8th Avenue
- When: Monday, August 29 from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm
For the more adventurous side in you, try The Skyline Luge. It’s a three-wheeled cart, part go-kart and part toboggan that is thrilling for all ages and abilities.
- Where: Skyline Luge Calgary – 88 Canada Olympic Road SW
- When: Now until October 9
- Cost: $15 for 1 ride; $23 for 2 rides; $32 for 5 rides
Western Canada’s longest running open mic comedy show every week at Broken City. Surprise guests have included, Bob Odenkirk and Zach Galifianakis.
- Where: Broken City – 613 11th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, September 12 at 8pm
- Cost: $5 cover
The Illuminasia Lantern and Garden Festival returns to the Calgary Zoo for the second year in a row, and this time around there are 145 extra lanterns to dazzle you. The lanterns are seasonal-themed this year, so you’ll be taken on a journey from winter to spring, and they’ll depict culturally significant animals as well as zoo favourites. Relish in the arts of Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, and Korean cultures, and check out live music, an art gallery, and garden displays as well.
- Where: Calgary Zoo – 1300 Zoo Road NE
- When: Thursday, September 8 to Sunday, October 16
See some of the most trendsetting and common wedding dresses in Alberta from the last 125 years. The exhibition features collections from the Museum of the Highwood, the Red Deer Museum, the Royal Alberta Museum, the Lougheed House Conservation Society, as well as numerous private collections.
- Where: Lougheed House – 707 13th Avenue SW
- When: Now until October 2
- Cost: Regular admission $8.50