Monday can be a funday as well. From pizza nights at a coffee shop to plays and standup comedy, we’ve got you covered.
Check out what’s happening in and around Calgary today.
Seriously, who doesn’t have a soft spot for George Bailey and his hilarious and meaningful holiday adventure? Experience this heartfelt holiday classic as it comes to life in a live 1940’s radio style broadcast on the Lunchbox Theatre stage. Remember, “when you hear a bell that means an angel just got his wings!”
- Where: Lunchbox Theatre – 160 115 9 Avenue SE
- When: November 28 to December 21
- Cost: Adult $25, Senior $20, Student $20
- 8 places to get a Christmas tree in Calgary
- 5 places to find the perfect ugly Christmas sweater in Calgary
Western Canada’s longest running open mic comedy show every week at Broken City. Surprise guests have included, Bob Odenkirk and Zach Galifianakis.
- Where: Broken City – 613 11th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, November 28 at 8 pm
- Cost: $5 cover
Built in 1988 for the Olympic Winter Games, Olympic Plaza has the only refridgerated outdoor ice surface in the city. You can rent skates down at the plaza if you don’t have a pair of your own.
- Where: Olympic Plaza – 228 8th Avenue SE
- When: Now open – weather dependent from 6 am to 11 pm
- Cost: Free
Get into the festive mood and listen to the holiday sounds of Calgary’s community choirs, complete with sing-alongs.
- Where: Knox United Church – 506 4th Street SW
- When: Monday, November 28 at 7 pm
- Cost: Entry by donation (non-perishable food item or cash) in support of Calgary Food Bank
Dirty Laundry presents Calgary’s only completely live and improvised soap opera, which runs every week on Mondays. Experience The Musical Episode edition today.
- Where: Lunchbox Theatre – 115 9th Avenue SE
- When: Monday, November 28 at 7:30 pm
- Cost: $16 and $10 for students