Monday can be a funday as well. From happy hour entertainment to to plays and comedy nights we’ve got you covered.
Check out what’s happening in and around Calgary today.
The Unauthorized Harry Experience – is coming to Calgary’s Boyce Theatre. Two-time Olivier Award-nominated actors Daniel Clarkson and Jefferson Turner, take on the challenge of condensing all seven Harry Potter books (and a real-life game of Quidditch) into 70 hilarious minutes.
- Where: Boyce Theatre, Stampede Park – 1410 Olympic Way SE
- When: November 10 to 27 (various times, check website for details)
- Tickets: Available online
Western Canada’s longest running open mic comedy show every week at Broken City. Surprise guests have included, Bob Odenkirk and Zach Galifianakis.
- Where: Broken City – 613 11th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, November 14 at 8pm
- Cost: $5 cover
Expressions is a space for truth, beauty and poetry and is not a space for hate or violence towards others. Open Mic starts at 8 pm, with the 10 spot sign opening at 7:15 pm. Tonights featured artist is Kyle Flemmer, author, editor, and publisher from Calgary.
- Where: Cafe Koi – 1011 1st Street SW
- When: Monday, November 14 at 8 pm
Comedian Dane Cook will be in Calgary tonight with the Just For Laughs Comedy Tour.
- Where: Jack Singer Concert Hall at Arts Commons – 205 8th Avenue SE
- When: November 13 and 14 at 7:30 pm
Hy’s Steakhouse is celebrating weekly Happy Hour with live music in the lounge from local artists every Monday to Friday. Local Calgarian artists are sure to help you unwind from a busy work day along with a glass of red from Hy’s. Today’s feature artist is Lexi Strate.
- Where: Hy’s Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar – 407 8th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, November 14 from 3 to 7 pm.