Monday can be a funday as well. From a foodie festival in the mountains to some Trekkie love in town, there’s lots to do today!
Calling all Trekkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
- What: Chef Maria is holding a cooking class on May 8 and participants will be creating a 3 course meal accompanied with dessert. If you want to learn how to make pasta, classic tomato sauce, pizza dough or any Italian dish, this class is for you.
- Where: Villa Maria on 17th – 529 17 Avenue SW
- When: May 8 at 5:30pm
- Cost: $60 per person or $120 per couple
RowBody is the newest addition to the work out selection offered at Movement U and soon to be your new little secret as to where you got those killer washboard abs. As with all programs at the studio, music is the backbone to this heart-pounding, 45-minute cardio workout that focuses on full body strength training and is split between the rower and floor exercises. This workout will target and tone over 80% of the muscles in your body, giving you the results that you have been looking for!
- Where: 16 4 Street NE
- When: Runs at various times throughout the week. Register online or through your MindBody App. See the full schedule here!
- Cost: RowBody is included in the price of all of the class packages available at Movement U along with Row, Spin and HIIT.
Eat, drink and eat some more at this annual award-winning, 12-day food festival, held in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
- Where: Various locations in and around Canmore
- When: May 3 -14
- Cost: Prices may vary
Spend an evening transported back to an era of hard rock, emotional guitar solos and hair that reached exponential heights, the good ol’ 80s! This lively musical captures the beauty and innocence of small town love, while integrating the influences of classic Rock and Roll in that era. The music line-up is littered with famous songs by Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Journey, Bon Jovi and more, that will have you to singing and dancing along throughout the show!
- Where: Stage West Calgary – 727 42 Avenue SE
- When: April 21 to June 25 – occurs weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Cost: $75