Monday can be a funday as well. From a plays to great venues playing live music, you won’t be feeling the blues.
The rock veterans who were once a Discman staple are on tour to support their chart-topping latest album (their 11 studio album), The Getaway. This is the band’s first full tour since 2014.
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome
- When: Monday May 29 at 7:30 pm
- Cost: Tickets available online from $69 to $119
For 50 years, the Royal Canadian Family Circus has been providing lively entertainment and spectacular shows to multiple generations of family’s. Whether or not your Grandma saw this circus as a kid, or this is the first time for everyone in your family, you’re bound to be awed by the gravity-defying performances and have a magical time under the big top!
- Where: Spruce Meadows – 18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW
- When: May 26-June 4
- Cost: $25
Calling all Trekkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
RowBody is the newest addition to the work out selection offered at Movement U and soon to be your new little secret as to where you got those killer washboard abs. As with all programs at the studio, music is the backbone to this heart-pounding, 45-minute cardio workout that focuses on full body strength training and is split between the rower and floor exercises. This workout will target and tone over 80% of the muscles in your body, giving you the results that you have been looking for!
- Where: 16 4 Street NE
- When: Runs at various times throughout the week. Register online or through your MindBody App. See the full schedule here!
- Cost: RowBody is included in the price of all of the class packages available at Movement U along with Row, Spin and HIIT.
Spend an evening transported back to an era of hard rock, emotional guitar solos and hair that reached exponential heights, the good ol’ 80s! This lively musical captures the beauty and innocence of small town love, while integrating the influences of classic Rock and Roll in that era. The music line-up is littered with famous songs by Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Journey, Bon Jovi and more, that will have you to singing and dancing along throughout the show!
- Where: Stage West Calgary – 727 42 Avenue SE
- When: April 21 to June 25 – occurs weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Cost: $75