Monday can be a funday as well. From YYC Taco Fiesta all around town to plays and music on the mile.
Calling all Trekkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
2016 was the year of music here in Calgary, and the music industry in our city is now booming as a result. Spend date night at one of the many venues on YYC’s Music Mile, between Inglewood and East Village, and be entertained by some of our city’s best local talent at a live show, while enjoying a few drinks with your significant other. See the list of venues and performances here!
- Where: Music Mile – between Inglewood and East Village
- Cost: FREE
Before the arrival of their first child native Calgarians, Ken and Patti are embarking on a fun-filled adventure in New York City. However, nothing goes quiet as they had planned. Join them on their travels in this brilliant musical, as they encounter an assortment of New York personalities, including a heartbroken cab driver, a homeless stockbroker, an illegal riverboat captain, and mobsters from Jersey!
- Where: Mamdani Opera Centre – 1315 7 Street SW
- When: April 27 – May 5
- Cost: $20
Participating eateries will offer either individual tacos for $4 to $6, or a larger taco platter that will be anywhere from $12 to $18. YYC Taco Fiesta aims to mobilize the taco-loving community and get people into restaurants to purchase these special dishes. Partial proceeds from the taco sales (15%) will be donated to the Calgary Homeless Foundation and Kids Up Front.
- When: Friday, April 28 to Friday, May 5
- Where: Over 30 participating restaurant in Calgary and the surrounding area
RowBody is the newest addition to the work out selection offered at Movement U and soon to be your new little secret as to where you got those killer washboard abs. As with all programs at the studio, music is the backbone to this heart-pounding, 45-minute cardio workout that focuses on full body strength training and is split between the rower and floor exercises. This workout will target and tone over 80% of the muscles in your body, giving you the results that you have been looking for!
- Where: 16 4 Street NE
- When: Runs at various times throughout the week. Register online or through your MindBody App. See the full schedule here!
- Cost: RowBody is included in the price of all of the class packages available at Movement U along with Row, Spin and HIIT.