Monday can be a funday as well. The Calgary Flames are back in the dome tonight and Dirty Laundry will have you in stitches with their seriously funny series Monday Night Lights.
- 7 outdoor skating rinks in Calgary
- 14 FREE things to do in Calgary this March
- 10 great Happy Hour deals to check out in Calgary this winter
“Strong Arms. Big Hair. Can’t Loose.” If you loved Friday Night Lights, then you will be sure to love this hilarious, improvised spin off of the 2000’s TV series. Each Monday night there is a new episode that will transport you into small Town America’s Football fandom that includes harsh coaches, scatterbrained cheerleaders, stressed out quarterbacks and teenage love.
- Where: 160 115 9 Avenue SE
- When: Every Monday Night
- Cost: Adult – $16, Student + Senior $10
Will we make it to the playoffs or not? Who knows! Regardless, come cheer on the Flames in a sea of red, while consuming dome beers and delicious pizza, nachos, and hotdogs.
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SE
- When: Monday, March 27 at 7:00pm vs. Colorado
Now that winter seems to have finally settled in for the long haul, it’s time for the winter activities to commence. Grab a few friends, some hot chocolate and bundle up in your warmest, yet stylish winter attire and go skating on one of Calgary’s many outdoor rinks that are well maintained by either the city or volunteers within the community. Don’t own a pair of skates? Rent a pair at your nearest outdoor center or at specific rinks around the city – see website more for details!
- Where: Various rinks throughout Calgary
- Cost: FREE
Calling all Trekkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
2016 was the year of music here in Calgary, and the music industry in our city is now booming as a result. Spend date night at one of the many venues on YYC’s Music Mile, between Inglewood and East Village, and be entertained by some of our city’s best local talent at a live show, while enjoying a few drinks with your significant other. See the list of venues and performances here!
- Where: Music Mile – between Inglewood and East Village
- Cost: FREE