Monday can be a funday as well. From laughing with your friends to listening to live music, you won’t be feeling the blues.
- What: Get ready to laugh until you cry at the 17th annual FunnyFest! This is an event that is put on but hundreds of volunteers to bring laughter to the city of Calgary in a variety of ways. This is a great way to switch up date night or have a FUNny night out with friends!
- Where: Various Venues
- When: June 1 -11
- Cost: $15-$80
RowBody is the newest addition to the work out selection offered at Movement U and soon to be your new little secret as to where you got those killer washboard abs. As with all programs at the studio, music is the backbone to this heart-pounding, 45-minute cardio workout that focuses on full body strength training and is split between the rower and floor exercises. This workout will target and tone over 80% of the muscles in your body, giving you the results that you have been looking for!
- Where: 16 4 Street NE
- When: Runs at various times throughout the week. Register online or through your MindBody App. See the full schedule here!
- Cost: RowBody is included in the price of all of the class packages available at Movement U along with Row, Spin and HIIT.
Spend an evening transported back to an era of hard rock, emotional guitar solos and hair that reached exponential heights, the good ol’ 80s! This lively musical captures the beauty and innocence of small town love, while integrating the influences of classic Rock and Roll in that era. The music line-up is littered with famous songs by Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Journey, Bon Jovi and more, that will have you to singing and dancing along throughout the show!
- Where: Stage West Calgary – 727 42 Avenue SE
- When: April 21 to June 25 – occurs weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Cost: $75
Enjoy the beautiful music of featured artists Celia Lee and Amanda Hillestad, two incredible singers who perform with VoiceScapes and other Calgary choral groups. They’ll explore music from Iceland, Britain, and elsewhere – including a dedication to terror victims in Manchester.
- Where: Cafe Koi – 1011 1 Street SW
- When: Monday, June 5 from 8 to 11pm
- Cost: Free
This multidisciplinary installation will intrigue your senses and your mind. Andrea Roberts brings together sound using early recording techniques, vocal incantation, and drones mixed with groupings of prints and sculptures to explore feminist resistance in the context of neoliberal capitalism.
- Where: TRUCK Main Space – 2009 10 Avenue SW
- When: Runs June 2 to July 15
- Tickets: Free