Monday can be a funday as well. From checking out some free art exhibits to listening to live music, you won’t be feeling the blues.
2016 was the year of music here in Calgary, and the music industry in our city is now booming as a result. Spend date night at one of the many venues on YYC’s Music Mile, between Inglewood and East Village, and be entertained by some of our city’s best local talent at a live show, while enjoying a few drinks with your significant other. See the list of venues and performances here!
- Where: Music Mile – between Inglewood and East Village
- Cost: FREE
The Window Galleries present three new exhibits that focus on the alternative narratives of those whose voice was excluded from the first 150 years of our nation.
- Where: Window Galleries (across from Max Bell Theatre in Arts Commons)
- When: June 5 – August 28
- Cost: Free
Get in on the the ultimate refresher in the midst of a prairie heat wave! Make sure that you have enough life jackets for your entire group, book your raft ahead of time, park a vehicle at the beginning and the end of your route and check weather advisories before heading out.
- Where: Lazy Day Raft Rentals, Sports Rent, The Paddle Station and the Outdoor Centre at the University of Calgary
- When: All sunny days
Spend your lunch hour listening to some of Calgary’s best local talent on this outdoor stage on Stephen Avenue. From DJs, to Dance Troupes, to live bands, to Comedians, you will always be pleasantly surprised by the live performances set to play this stage this summer.
- Where: Stephen Avenue – between Street and 1 Street SE
- When: July 13 – August 30
- Cost: FREE
The 13th annual Calgary International Blues Festival returns to Calgary this week. Enjoy blues workshops, concerts and special events culminate in 4 days & nights (August 3-6) of non-stop music on MainStage at Shaw Millennium Park, followed by the nightly Twilight Blues Dance Parties. Click here for full festival schedule.
- Where: Shaw Millennium Park – 1220 9 Avenue SW
- When: July 31 to August 6
- Cost: $129 for festival passes, individual day passes also available.