So you might be a little groggy today, and want to stay in and just Netflix and chill… but for those that want something to do we’ve got you covered.
Check out today’s action in and around Calgary!
Catch up on your summer reading by checking out some popular titles when the Calgary Public library visits the Stephen Avenue Summer Stage. Browse materials, sit and read or even check out a book. (Weather permitting)
- Where: Stephen Avenue Summer Stage – Centre Street & 8th Avenue SE
- When: Monday, July 25 from 11 am to 1 pm
John Gilpin’s illustrated presentation will discuss that event in relationship to why Calgary chose to build such a monumental structure, the evolution of its design to 1914 and the controversy that accompanied its construction between 1914 and 1916.
- Where: Central United Church – 131 7th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, July 25 from 12 to 1 pm
The 12th annual Calgary Bluesfest will feature a full week of the best in blues. Workshops, public performances and special events culminate in 4 days & nights of non-stop music on Mainstage.
- Where: Shaw Millennium Park – 1220 9th Avenue SW
- When: July 25 to 31
- Cost: Single day passes from $35
The last Monday of each month. Zenon West hosts this informative, insightful, interactive evening at The Blues Can. Show will start at 8pm, so seating at 7:30pm. No reservations needed
- Where: The Blues Can – 1429 9th Avenue SE
- When: Monday, July 25; Show starts at 8pm
Take a guided tour of the YouthLink Calgary Police Interpretive Centre and learn about famous Calgary criminal cases and the detectives who solved them. The vault contains murder weapons, historic uniforms and recent criminal case exhibits.
- Where: Meet at 5111 47th Street NE
- Pre-register: 403-428-8554, [email protected]