Monday can be a funday as well. From checking out some free art exhibits to listening to live music, you won’t be feeling the blues.
2016 was the year of music here in Calgary, and the music industry in our city is now booming as a result. Spend date night at one of the many venues on YYC’s Music Mile, between Inglewood and East Village, and be entertained by some of our city’s best local talent at a live show, while enjoying a few drinks with your significant other. See the list of venues and performances here!
- Where: Music Mile – between Inglewood and East Village
- Cost: FREE
The Window Galleries present three new exhibits that focus on the alternative narratives of those whose voice was excluded from the first 150 years of our nation.
- Where: Window Galleries (across from Max Bell Theatre in Arts Commons)
- When: June 5 – August 28
- Cost: Free
RowBody is the newest addition to the work out selection offered at Movement U and soon to be your new little secret as to where you got those killer washboard abs. As with all programs at the studio, music is the backbone to this heart-pounding, 45-minute cardio workout that focuses on full body strength training and is split between the rower and floor exercises. This workout will target and tone over 80% of the muscles in your body, giving you the results that you have been looking for!
- Where: 16 4 Street NE
- When: Runs at various times throughout the week. Register online or through your MindBody App. See the full schedule here!
- Cost: RowBody is included in the price of all of the class packages available at Movement U along with Row, Spin and HIIT.
This multidisciplinary installation will intrigue your senses and your mind. Andrea Roberts brings together sound using early recording techniques, vocal incantation, and drones mixed with groupings of prints and sculptures to explore feminist resistance in the context of neoliberal capitalism.
- Where: TRUCK Main Space – 2009 10 Avenue SW
- When: Runs June 2 to July 15
- Tickets: Free
Join this community-driven bicycle festival for a week full of cycling festivities!
- Where: Various locations around Calgary
- When: July 14 – July 23
- Cost: Free