Monday can be a funday as well. From being your own home designer to plays and more!
- 7 outdoor skating rinks in Calgary
- 9 free winter events in and around Calgary
- 9 winter activities to check out near Calgary
Calgarians will rally behind Canadian Muslims tonight in response to last night’s deadly attack at the Centre Culturel Islamique de Québec. Vigils have been planned across the country to mourn the victims and take a stand against Islamophobia, hatred, and violence.
- When: Monday, January 30 at 6:30 pm
- Where: City Hall – 800 Macleod Trail SE
- Where: Various locations around town
- When: January 5 to February 2
“Strong Arms. Big Hair. Can’t Loose.” If you loved Friday Night Lights, then you will be sure to love this hilarious, improvised spin off of the 2000’s TV series. Each Monday night there is a new episode that will transport you into small Town America’s Football fandom that includes harsh coaches, scatterbrained cheerleaders, stressed out quarterbacks and teenage love.
- Where: 160 115 9 Avenue SE
- When: Every Monday Night
- Cost: Adult – $16, Student + Senior $10
Get ready to hear hit songs from the soundtracks that played over the most culturally defining events of the last 60 years, from classic to contemporary cinema. Complete with recreated iconic moments and instantly recognizable costumes, Stage West is featuring unforgettable music from the James Bond Films, Saturday Night Fever, 8 Mile, The Breakfast Club, A Hard Day’s Night, Despicable Me 2, The Graduate, Top Gun, Easy Rider, Ghostbusters, Dirty Dancing, Frozen, The Bodyguard, Titanic & so many more!
- Where: Stage West – 727 42 Avenue SE
- When: Now until February 7, 2017
Take the opportunity to learn something new this January while bonding with old friends and making new ones. With MakerYYC’s workshop tonight you can make your own perfect statement wall clock.
- Where: Soma on 9th – 700 9th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, January 30
- Cost: $50