Monday can be a funday as well. From markets to plays, check out what’s happening in and around Calgary today.
From the High Performance Rodeo acts around town to Snow Days festival just west of us, there’s plenty to do.
- 7 outdoor skating rinks in Calgary
- 9 free winter events in and around Calgary
- 9 winter activities to check out near Calgary
- Where: Various locations around town
- When: January 5 to February 2
Winter is more than just cold and snowy, as it is a season that brings majestic frosty views, fun activities a beautiful memories at all ages. Banff National Park invites us all to celebrate the magic of winter in its month long festival of Snowdays, featuring a variety of events, shows and activities that combine history, culture and winter traditions that the whole family will enjoy. Check the website for daily events and activities!
- Where: Throughout Banff National Park
- When: January 13 to February 5
- Cost: Varies per event
St Patricks Island has set up a curling lane for public use so everyone can try their hand at the game. You can play in teams, as pairs, or even make up your own rules (just don’t tell anyone)
- Where: St Patricks Island – 430 8th Avenue SE
- When: Daily 9am to 7pm until the end of March
“Strong Arms. Big Hair. Can’t Loose.” If you loved Friday Night Lights, then you will be sure to love this hilarious, improvised spin off of the 2000’s TV series. Each Monday night there is a new episode that will transport you into small Town America’s Football fandom that includes harsh coaches, scatterbrained cheerleaders, stressed out quarterbacks and teenage love.
- Where: 160 115 9 Avenue SE
- When: Every Monday Night
- Cost: Adult – $16, Student + Senior $10
Get ready to hear hit songs from the soundtracks that played over the most culturally defining events of the last 60 years, from classic to contemporary cinema. Complete with recreated iconic moments and instantly recognizable costumes, Stage West is featuring unforgettable music from the James Bond Films, Saturday Night Fever, 8 Mile, The Breakfast Club, A Hard Day’s Night, Despicable Me 2, The Graduate, Top Gun, Easy Rider, Ghostbusters, Dirty Dancing, Frozen, The Bodyguard, Titanic & so many more!
- Where: Stage West – 727 42 Avenue SE
- When: Now until February 7, 2017