Monday can be a funday as well. From Disney plays to Christmas events check out what’s happening in and around Calgary today.
Children of all ages will fall in love with this magical rendition of the original Disney Classic, Beauty and the Beast. Warm your heart with the beloved soundtrack of this holiday musical including everyone’s favourite, Be our Guest!
- Where: StoryBook Theatre – 375 Bermuda Drive NW
- When: November 25 to December 23
- Cost: Child (3-17) $20, Adult (18+) $25
Seriously, who doesn’t have a soft spot for George Bailey and his hilarious and meaningful holiday adventure? Experience this heartfelt holiday classic as it comes to life in a live 1940’s radio style broadcast on the Lunchbox Theatre stage. Remember, “when you hear a bell that means an angel just got his wings!”
- Where: Lunchbox Theatre – 160 115 9th Avenue SE
- When: November 28 to December 21
- Cost: Adult $25, Senior $20, Student $20
This Calgarian holiday tradition continues to live on year after year! Stay warm by dressing in layers and consuming delicious hot chocolate, as you roam through the 200 beautiful light displays, such as the all time favourite, ‘lovers lane’, and other unique light shows set up throughout the Calgary Zoo.
- Where: The Calgary Zoo – 210 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: November 25 to January 8 Nightly from 6 to 9 pm
- Cost: $14.99 Adults, $11.99 Kids
Built in 1988 for the Olympic Winter Games, Olympic Plaza has the only refrigerated outdoor ice surface in the city. You can rent skates down at the plaza if you don’t have a pair of your own.
- Where: Olympic Plaza – 228 8th Avenue SE
- When: Now open – weather dependent from 6 am to 11 pm
- Cost: Free
A Stampede talent show, a guitar playing teenager and handsome time traveler, could it get any more Calgarian than that? Well, minus the time traveller perhaps – but you get the point. Laugh along to jokes about life in #yyc in this modern day Calgary adaptation of this unique British fairy tale.
- Where: Martha Cohen Theatre – 215 8th Avenue SE
- When: November 22 to December 31
- Cost: $25-$72