Monday’s don’t have to sad, especially when you can cheer on your favourite athletes at the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics.
So turn that frown upside down and enjoy some Calgary events.
Canada’s Olympic Network, CBC/Radio-Canada is providing free viewing spaces where Canadians can gather together to watch Team Canada compete against the best in the world.
- Where: Stephen Avenue Walk – 8th Avenue between Centre Street and 1st Street SE
- When: August 8 9am – 6 pm
- Time: Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm
Catch up on your summer reading by checking out some popular titles when the Calgary Public library visits the Stephen Avenue Summer Stage. Browse materials, sit and read or even check out a book. (Weather permitting)
- Where: Stephen Avenue Summer Stage – Centre Street & 8th Avenue SE
- When: Monday, August 8 from 11 am to 1 pm
A spoof on the hugely popular movie released in 1990. This telling the romantic tale will have some new twists and turns and, of course, laughter. Set to music from the late 80`s and early 90`s sure to bring back a memory or two. Hey, Pretty Woman! is a romantic comedy about how the most unlikely of matches can wind up falling in love… but no one ever said it would easy!
- Where: Jubilations Dinner Theatre – Westbrook Mall, 1002 37 Street SW
- When: July 1 to September 4
- Cost: From $67.95 (includes dinner)
Who needs it to be Wednesday for a great wing deal. Head over to the closest Moxies and grab a pound of wings for only $3.50.
- Where: Participating Moxies locations
- When: Monday, August 8
- Cost: $3.50/pound
Western Canada’s longest running open mic comedy show every week at Broken City. Surprise guests have included, Bob Odenkirk and Zach Galifianakis.
- Where: Broken City – 613 11th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, August 8 at 8pm
- Cost: $5 cover