The Olympics are over and you’re back at work, we’d say you need a pick me up stat!
Turn that frown upside down and enjoy some Calgary events.
Join Prospect Human Services for a Pop-Up Art Class.
- Where: Centre Street and 8th Avenue
- When: Monday, August 29 from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm
Catch up on your summer reading by checking out some popular titles when the Calgary Public library visits the Stephen Avenue Summer Stage. Browse materials, sit and read or even check out a book. (Weather permitting)
- Where: Stephen Avenue Summer Stage – Centre Street & 8th Avenue
- When: Monday, August 29 from 11 am to 1 pm
For the more adventurous side in you, try The Skyline Luge. It’s a three-wheeled cart, part go-kart and part toboggan that is thrilling for all ages and abilities.
- Where: Skyline Luge Calgary – 88 Canada Olympic Road SW
- When: Now until October 9
- Cost: $15 for 1 ride; $23 for 2 rides; $32 for 5 rides
Western Canada’s longest running open mic comedy show every week at Broken City. Surprise guests have included, Bob Odenkirk and Zach Galifianakis.
- Where: Broken City – 613 11th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, August 29 at 8pm
- Cost: $5 cover
A spoof on the hugely popular movie released in 1990. This telling the romantic tale will have some new twists and turns and, of course, laughter. Set to music from the late 80`s and early 90`s sure to bring back a memory or two. Hey, Pretty Woman! is a romantic comedy about how the most unlikely of matches can wind up falling in love… but no one ever said it would easy!
- Where: Jubilations Dinner Theatre – Westbrook Mall, 1002 37 Street SW
- When: July 1 to September 4
- Cost: From $67.95 (includes dinner)