The Olympics are over and you’re back at work, we’d say you need a pick me up stat!
Turn that frown upside down and enjoy some Calgary events.
Catch up on your summer reading by checking out some popular titles when the Calgary Public library visits the Stephen Avenue Summer Stage. Browse materials, sit and read or even check out a book. (Weather permitting)
- Where: Stephen Avenue Summer Stage – Centre Street & 8th Avenue SE
- When: Monday, August 22 from 11 am to 1 pm
Western Canada’s longest running open mic comedy show every week at Broken City. Surprise guests have included, Bob Odenkirk and Zach Galifianakis.
- Where: Broken City – 613 11th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, August 22 at 8pm
- Cost: $5 cover
Dickens Pub is hosting a free painting party for you and your friends. They will supply the painting materials and there is no cover charge for the event. Donations are accepted to keep up with the demand for painting supplies. No instruction at this painting party, just have fun and get creative.
- Where: Dickens Pub – 1000 9th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, August 22 at 7 pm
- Cost: No cover
Watch the LPGA’s brightest stars as they roll into Calgary for a week. The championship, which typically draws arguably the strongest field on the LPGA Tour, will once again make a significant charitable contribution to the host community through the CP Has Heart campaign. Participate in our fun, family-oriented activities during tournament week with all proceeds going to the hospital.
- Where: Priddis Greens Golf & Country Club – 1 Priddis Greens Drive
- When: Monday August 22 to Sunday, June 28
- Cost: Single day $31.50; Full week $78.75
Calgary’s annual fireworks festival is back. The event, which runs from August 15 to 27, will include several pyromusical shows, as well as cultural music, a human rights forum, a night market and even a citizenship ceremony.
- Where: Elliston Park in East Calgary (main gate at the corner of 17th [International] Avenue and 60th Street SE).
- When: August 15 to 27 from 6 to 11:30 p.m. every night.
No entry after 9:15 p.m.
- Tickets: Available at online or at Calgary Co-op Customer Service Offices and Marlborough Mall.