Happy Monday Calgary! We’ll help you get your groove back with fun events in town.
From the awe inspiring solar eclipse to participating in free events around town, there’s something for everyone.
Spend your lunch hour listening to some of Calgary’s best local talent on this outdoor stage on Stephen Avenue. From DJs, to Dance Troupes, to live bands, to Comedians, you will always be pleasantly surprised by the live performances set to play this stage this summer.
- Where: Stephen Avenue – between Street and 1 Street SE
- When: July 13 – August 30
- Cost: FREE
Celebrate the different cultures of the world that make up Calgary, with a multicultural marketplace and fireworks show put on by various countries each night.
- Where: Elliston Park – 1827 68 Street SE
- When: August 15-26
- Cost: $20-$90
Viewing parties are taking place in a few spots around town. You can go to the University of Calgary or TELUS Spark to see the action unfold. If you can’t make it there and already have solar glasses, then take some time around lunch and watch the celestial phenomenon.
- When: Monday, July 21 from 10:20 am to 12:33pm
The ultimate refresher in the midst of a prairie heat wave!
- Tips: Make sure that you have enough life jackets for your entire group, book your raft ahead of time, park a vehicle at the beginning and the end of your route and check weather advisories before heading out.
- Where: Lazy Day Raft Rentals, Sports Rent, The Paddle Station and the Outdoor Centre at the University of Calgary
The Window Galleries present three new exhibits that focus on the alternative narratives of those whose voice was excluded from the first 150 years of our nation.
- Where: Window Galleries (across from Max Bell Theatre in Arts Commons)
- When: June 5 – August 28
- Cost: Free