Happy Friday Calgary! You’ve made it to the weekend so whatever you’re in the mood for, there’s something for you to do today.
- Spotted on Reddit: Interactive map shows all Canada Day events in Calgary
- Free street and parkade parking in Calgary on Canada Day
- 77 things to do in Calgary July 2017
Time for you to be the king of the castle, or at least the tower. On Friday, June 30 celebrate Canada 150 and the Calgary Tower’s 49th grand-opening birthday by taking the 802 stair challenge, helping you hit your target while giving you a killer workout.
- When: Friday, June 30 from 2 to 6 pm
- Single climb: Adult $15, Senior $12, Child $6
- Multi climb: Adult $18, Senior $15, Child $9
- Who: Ages 8 and up
New to the East Village this summer, this Pop-Up retail park offers Calgarians a place to shop, eat and play. Be sure to check out all 12 retailers located in 12 x 12 shipping containers, along with food trucks, live music and more! Every Thursday through Sunday from June 1 – October 1 you can expect food truck eats, music, performances, art and much much more!
- Where: EV Junction – 439 8 Avenue SE
- When: June 29 to July 3
- Cost: FREE
- What: The ultimate refresher in the midst of a prairie heat wave!
- Tips: Make sure that you have enough life jackets for your entire group, book your raft ahead of time, park a vehicle at the beginning and the end of your route and check weather advisories before heading out.
- Where: Lazy Day Raft Rentals, Sports Rent, The Paddle Station and the Outdoor Centre at the University of Calgary
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 217, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
- What: UTOPIA is a research and exhibition project that aims to engage in a larger discussion on how our communities are formed, while also encouraging a dialogue on topics such as Nationalism, state-making, inclusion etc. Be sure t o check it out soon, as it ends in July!
- Where: 117 8 Avenue SW
- When: March – July
- Cost: FREE