Happy Friday Calgary!
It’s finally the weekend and that means no work – no school! Enjoy the freedom kids.
New to the East Village this summer, this Pop-Up retail park offers Calgarians a place to shop, eat and play. Be sure to check out all 12 retailers located in 12 x 12 shipping containers, along with food trucks, live music and more! Every Thursday through Sunday from June 1 – October 1 you can expect food truck eats, music, performances, art and much much more!
- Where: EV Junction – 439 8 Avenue SE
- When: July 20 to 23
- Cost: FREE
The ultimate refresher in the midst of a prairie heat wave!
- Tips: Make sure that you have enough life jackets for your entire group, book your raft ahead of time, park a vehicle at the beginning and the end of your route and check weather advisories before heading out.
- Where: Lazy Day Raft Rentals, Sports Rent, The Paddle Station and the Outdoor Centre at the University of Calgary
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 217, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
Sweat it out in a rooftop yoga sesh and then curl up as you watch a classic film on the big screen!
- Where: Junction 9 Yoga and Pilates – 919 9 Avenue SE
- When: July 21, August 18 and September 15
- Cost: Drop in fee
Celebrate Latin American Culture in this vibrant street festival! Fiestaval is a free and family-oriented multicultural arts and entertainment festival highlighting Latin American Culture.
- Where: Olympic Plaza – 288 8 Avenue SE
- When: July 21,22 and 23
- Cost: Free admission