Happy Friday Calgary! You’ve made it to the weekend so whatever you’re in the mood for, there’s something for you to do today.
Give the Calgary Hitmen some love this season and come cheer them on in their 8 home games this month!
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SW
- Friday, January 27 at 7pm vs. Regina
If you saw the Netflix Original, “The Crown” you’ll be familiar with the Queen’s famous weekly meeting with the Prime Minster, called an audience. This spectacular performance will replay some of the most famous audience’s throughout Queen Elizabeth’s reign, with many familiar political faces making an appearance, such as Churchill, Thatcher, Cameron and more. Take a peak at the woman behind the crown, the most famous and influential yet private woman in the world.
- Where: Max Bell Theatre – 1201 5 St SW
- When: January 24 to February 18
- Cost: $45-$64
With the assistance of a professional guide you will snowshoe through a frosty forest to a dazzling starlit meadow, where you will enjoy a hot drink and be awed by the beautiful northern lights. Snow shoes and head lamp is included in the cost of the tour.
- Where: Kananaskis Village Center – 1 Mt. Sparrowhawk Cres
- When: Friday, January 27
- Cost: $69
Lake Louise’s Ice Magic Festival is a truly magical and unreal experience that Canadian’s look forward to year round. This event boasts over 20 years of history and it gathers talented ice artists from around the world to compete and create artistic masterpieces out of ice, within 34 hours. During this time you can watch the process in action and see the detailed sculptures unfold, while you get the unique opportunity to talk to the carvers, asking them questions and vote for your favourite masterpiece. If you miss the action you can still view the sculptures the following weekend and even get the chance to try your hand at some ice carving yourself!
- Where: The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise- 111 Lake Louise Drive, Lake Louise, AB
- When: January 19-29
- Cost: Adults $10 (18 – 54 years), Children $5 (3 – 17 years), Seniors $5 (55 + years), Family $25 (2 adults + up to 4 children aged 3-17 years) Tickets can be purchased here!
- Where: Various locations around town
- When: January 5 to February 2