Happy Friday Calgary! You’ve made it to the weekend so whatever you’re in the mood for, there’s something for you to do today.
Give the Calgary Hitmen some love this season and come cheer them on in their 8 home games this month!
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SW
- When: Friday, January 20 at 7pm vs. Victoria
Take the opportunity to learn something new this January while bonding with old friends and making new ones with Maker YYC’s winter workshops. Try some wine and macarons tonight.
- Where: Ollia Macarons & Tea – 810C 16th Avenue SW
- When: January 20
- Cost: $40/person 18+
Jan Lisiecki at MRU Conservatory
Calgary-born is performing in the Soundscape Series. In 2013 he received the Leonard Bernstein Award at the Schleswig-Holstein Musik Festival and was also named as Gramophone magazine’s Young Artist of the Year. Recent highlights include his 2013 performance with Claudio Abbado and Orchestra Mozart, his BBC Proms debut with Sir Antonio Pappano, and engagements with the New York Philharmonic and the Philadelphia Orchestra. To rave reviews, Jan Lisiecki made his Carnegie Hall debut with the Philadelphia Orchestra and Yannick Nézet-Séguin in January 2016.
- Where: Bella Concert Hall Calgary,Mount Royal University – 4825 Mt Royal Gate SW
- When: Friday, January 20 at 7pm
- Cost: $44 – $69
Lake Louise’s Ice Magic Festival is a truly magical and unreal experience that Canadian’s look forward to year round. This event boasts over 20 years of history and it gathers talented ice artists from around the world to compete and create artistic masterpieces out of ice, within 34 hours. During this time you can watch the process in action and see the detailed sculptures unfold, while you get the unique opportunity to talk to the carvers, asking them questions and vote for your favourite masterpiece. If you miss the action you can still view the sculptures the following weekend and even get the chance to try your hand at some ice carving yourself!
- Where: The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise- 111 Lake Louise Drive, Lake Louise, AB
- When: January 19-29
- Cost: Adults $10 (18 – 54 years), Children $5 (3 – 17 years), Seniors $5 (55 + years), Family $25 (2 adults + up to 4 children aged 3-17 years) Tickets can be purchased here!
- Where: Various locations around town
- When: January 5 to February 2