Happy Friday Calgary! You’ve made it to the weekend so whatever you’re in the mood for, there’s something for you to do today.
If you saw the Netflix Original, “The Crown” you’ll be familiar with the Queen’s famous weekly meeting with the Prime Minster, called an audience. This spectacular performance will replay some of the most famous audience’s throughout Queen Elizabeth’s reign, with many familiar political faces making an appearance, such as Churchill, Thatcher, Cameron and more. Take a peak at the woman behind the crown, the most famous and influential yet private woman in the world.
- Where: Theatre Calgary – 220 9th Avenue SE
- When: January 24 to February 18
- Cost: $45-$64
Calling all Treckkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
The 3rd annual Asian Night Market will be held this weekend at the Marda Loop Community Association Hall. This event will be co-hosted by the Chinese Students Society and the Vietnamese Students Association from the University of Calgary. At this event, each club will be preparing different authentic snacks and dishes that the general public will be able to try.
- Where: Marda Loop Community Association Hall – 3130 16 Street SW
- When: Saturday, February 18 from 6 to 9pm
- Cost: 1 ticket for $2, 3 tickets for $5, 10 tickets for $10.
The Hitmen have made some interesting moves recently at the trade deadline. Hopefully, it will be in their favour? Regardless, come show them some love this month at one of their 8 home games!
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SW
- When: Friday, February 17 at 7pm vs Edmonton
In honor of Canada’s 150th birthday Downtown Calgary is hosting a FREE all ages interactive light festival to kick off this special year. There will be a variety of art installations created by local artists, along with family-friendly activities and workshops all located at various locations throughout downtown.
- Where: Downtown Calgary: see website for exact locations
- When: February 17 and 20
- Cost: FREE