Happy Friday Calgary! You’ve made it to the weekend so whatever you’re in the mood for, there’s something for you to do today.
If you saw the Netflix Original, “The Crown” you’ll be familiar with the Queen’s famous weekly meeting with the Prime Minster, called an audience. This spectacular performance will replay some of the most famous audience’s throughout Queen Elizabeth’s reign, with many familiar political faces making an appearance, such as Churchill, Thatcher, Cameron and more. Take a peak at the woman behind the crown, the most famous and influential yet private woman in the world.
- Where: Theatre Calgary – 220 9th Avenue SE
- When: January 24 to February 18
- Cost: $45-$64
As part of Calgary’s Corporate Challenge off-season events, anyone with a team of 4 can participate in this fun winter activity. Often compared to life size curling, each teammate will have 3 rounds to be launched along the ice and make it closest to the button. If you win you’ll be invited to participate in the finals on February 10.
- Where: 228 8th Avenue SE
- When: January 30 to February 10
- Cost: $150 per team of 4
Calling all Treckkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
- What: Calgary Night Market is back! Enjoy live music and entertainment as you shop from local artisans, while snacking on some delicious sweets.
- Where: Eau Claire Market – 200 Barclay Parade SW
- When: Friday, February 10
- Cost: FREE
- What: After 5 decades and 36 albums we think it’s safe to say that Eric Bibb really has a true passion for music. Join him and Montreal’s, Jerome Brown, an award-winning multi- instrumentalist, as they hit the stage for an unforgettable performance!
- Where: Martha Cohen Theatre – 829 Macleod Trail SE
- When: February 10 and 11
- Cost: $49